Subscribe to Feeds

No matter what happens to you in life, never develop a wounded spirit.

Thanks God, that sure is inconvenient!

Do you ever feel like that? When you are scouring scripture, digging deep with your Lord, just you and Him getting serious with one another and then He seems to tell you something completely inconvenient to how you live your life!

HAHA! Okay, so I realize the title of this blog entry is a bit over the top, but that is okay. Today, I read this passage of scripture from Philippians 2:14-16.

Here it is:
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe, as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

I can kind of get my arms around the last part of this passage. I can get the fact that I do not want my efforts to come up empty and void. I want my sweat, blood, and tears to count for something! After all what's the point, if it doesn't.


ONE QUESTION:
Have you gone 1 day lately without an argument or at some point whining just a smidge?  

If you have, you are a lot farther along than I am!  A matter of fact, I enjoy the fight (at times).  And now, I am trying to get more choosey in my battles.  And I am certainly praying and trying even harder to have more grace flow through my battles than I would normally.  So, can you see how this verse would completely feel inconvenient to me.  

Is there a verse like this in your life? 

PS-  And I must do it!  Why?  Because Jesus Christ is my LORD!  No one else has done more than he has for me, but I will do it not because of what He does, but because of WHO HE IS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI- Phil is the bomb. I can read it like...every week and EVERY TIME I'm like, "dannnng, why do I keeeeep on forgetting this stuff?" It seems so simple. But, we, unfortunately, are human, but we are BLESSED that we can have a relationship with God and that the Holy Spirit convicts us.

k... peace :)