Subscribe to Feeds

No matter what happens to you in life, never develop a wounded spirit.

A long sabbatical

Hey friends,


Many of you probably don't even read or look at my blog anymore after I seemly gave up on it a month ago. This month has been extremely awesome...and crazy! My responsibilities have always been quite daunting since being asked to join the Lake Hills Church downtown campus team. However, I am so encouraged every day to be surrounded by such great people, amazing hearts, and such great talents and gifts to use. I get to take a front row seat everyday as I watch God unfold His great purposes and plans in and through people. We serve a great God. He is faithful and He is more than good.

I wanted to take a moment and just share with you a few things that God has done in our Lake Hills Church community in this past month alone.

Over 200 people have been added to our LHC singles database
Over 15 people have committed their lives to Christ in downtown services
76 people registered for our 1st core class
141 people are involved in launching our Mobile Loaves & Fishes ministry (clothe & feed poor)
161 people are involved with Fusion
Over 100 people are getting involved with Life Groups (48 of which are single adults)
We have averaged 350 people or better in the last month of attendance...almost 100 up from the fall.
5 LHC singles leadership staff have been added (non-paid, but deserve everything God does bless them with)

These are just a few things I get to be a part of day in and day out. God continues to move in our community and in our city. It is never too late to be part of something that is bigger than yourself. I have to thank God, He lets me be a part everyday.

I've missed my friends! Glad to be back!

1 comments:

Chris Larsen said...

Sabbatical: from the Latin sabbaticus, from the Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e., Sabbath, literally a "ceasing"



...not sebatacle.