Subscribe to Feeds

No matter what happens to you in life, never develop a wounded spirit.

Moving to Ft. Worth, TX

In this note I first want to acknowledge how grateful I am for all of you that I tag in this note. You are my family and my friends. You have blessed me in so many ways and I just want you to know that first and foremost.

Okay, so I'm moving to Ft. Worth at the beginning of May. God has taken me on this amazing journey over the past few years since I put all my trust in Him and so many of you have put up with me along the way. ;-) Lake Hills Church, its people, the pastors, volunteers, and newcomers have been so instrumental in my spiritual journey and in my growth as a leader in the church. I have grown in love, service, and leadership while learning from some of the greatest men and women of God I have ever met. And now...it is time for me to pursue further training for the ministry that God has called me to.

On May 11th, 2009 (in a month) I will be starting my first classes at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. For the next 3 years I will be a full-time Masters of Divinity student at the campus in Ft. Worth. I am very excited to begin this next chapter of ministry, certainly one that will challenge me in new ways. I also hope to find part-time gig with a great church in the DFW area to be able to apply what I learn in school. I'll be living on campus, more than likely eating cafeteria food and drinking a lot of coffee. Oh, the life of a college student.

A few people have asked me, "Will you come back to Austin after you graduate?" I wish I could give you an answer to that question, but the fact of the matter is that God has called me to serve His church and to become a Pastor. That could be in Austin, TX or Australia. My only prayer is that I remain faithful and that I would follow where He leads. If that is Austin, TX then that is where I will go. I am completely humbled and honored to have served under Pastor Mac Richard and with all of my friends and family at Lake Hills Church. This is my church home and my church family AND I am who I am because of this church and where I go and where I serve, the thumbprint of LHC will go with me.

Before I move I want to see as many of you as I possibly can. A few friends have suggested that I have a going away party/dinner. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! On April 21st from 7-9pm I will be at Maria's Taco Express on South Lamar. Please come by as I would love to see you before I leave. I will be sending out a Facebook event and Evite, so be looking for that soon.

I love y'all and am so thankful for our friendship. If you don't live in Austin, no worries. I wanted to let you know what's next in this journey also.

God Bless,

Dan

0 comments: